Any artists out there?

Looks amazing! Great job! Have you thought about making money on painting? Unfortunately, I can't create such beautiful pics and recently I had to order horse svg designs https://www.art4youspace.net/collections/horse-svg to create mugs and pillows. I'm sure there is a way to turn your hobby (I think this is your hobby, right?) into an additional source of income.
Art as income is a hard life.
Art as a hustle tends to kill the muse.

I wonder when we all stopped having hobbies and things we enjoyed, and started having side hustles instead. What happened to doing things because we like to?

Looks amazing! Great job! Have you thought about making money on painting? Unfortunately, I can't create such beautiful pics and recently I had to order horse svg designs https://www.art4youspace.net/collections/horse-svg to create mugs and pillows. I'm sure there is a way to turn your hobby (I think this is your hobby, right?) into an additional source of income.
Thank you! I do sell my art (my watermark is my business name if you want to Google it). For the very reasons @SarahLadd mentioned above, I keep it a hobby business on the side.

Art as income is a hard life.
Art as a hustle tends to kill the muse.

I wonder when we all stopped having hobbies and things we enjoyed, and started having side hustles instead. What happened to doing things because we like to?
I agree
I admire all the artists that make money off of their art but when people tell me I should do that I get annoyed.
Personally, I want to draw what I want to draw, not what other people want to draw.
Not everything I’m good at needs to be monetized.
I know a lot about genetics and I give out that information for free!

I'm not exceptionally good but I'm trying to improve all the time. :)
Show me yall's art! Traditional, digital, whatever!
I do a lot of sketchy digital drawings, I've got low patience for super clean lineart and it never looks right lol
Here's some of my stuff! :D

View attachment 2166279View attachment 2166280View attachment 2166283View attachment 2166287View attachment 2166290
Cute 🥰

I am an artist. I use to paint pet portraits for a living. They are a bit on the photo realistic side. I haven't painted for awhile. I've been meaning to start again. Art is my happy place.
Here are a few samples.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    528.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • Will Work for Food.JPG
    Will Work for Food.JPG
    627.7 KB · Views: 10
Cute 🥰

I am an artist. I use to paint pet portraits for a living. They are a bit on the photo realistic side. I haven't painted for awhile. I've been meaning to start again. Art is my happy place.
Here are a few samples.
These are gorgeous, love the realism, the textures, the colors
And the mood on the sad pomeranian one is impressive!

I agree
I admire all the artists that make money off of their art but when people tell me I should do that I get annoyed.
Personally, I want to draw what I want to draw, not what other people want to draw.
Not everything I’m good at needs to be monetized.
I know a lot about genetics and I give out that information for free!
Art should only be done for pleasure whether you make money from it or not. Paint, draw, digitize, etc. what makes you happy. Life is too short to waste time on anything else...

Wow, that's really beautiful!

I can do pretty realistic birds, and like nothing else lol. Here’s a quick drawing of one of my friends birds, the body is a bit too large in comparison to the head, but it still looks pretty good
View attachment 3849149
I used to draw only realistic birds but over time my arsenal expanded
Still best at birds, though

Back
Top Bottom