Feather Pecking

I have 10 hens & their feed is 18% crumble layer feed. Is it too often to hang a small canister of black oil sunflower seeds daily??? I feed hard boiled eggs occassionally & sometimes a cabbage head or pumpkin suet. I also sprout lentils. BUT I don't really know how much I can give or frequency without causing any imbalance to the normal feed.

Besides a 4' x 10' coop their enclosed run is 4' x 16' with a pop door to the back of the coop for an additional 3' x 24' which I manually open but not in bad weather. Nicer & drier days I'll give them access to the yard varying from 2 hours to most the day...2 x a week minimal. There is an adjacent open run 5' x 20' BUT not in use at this time due to the wet weather.
Adjacent to the enclosed run is a hardware cloth separated space of 4' x 4' with a roost This is our jail for a broody or naughty hen / hospital for an injured hen.

I try to keep them busy with the treats & also have some colored plastic plates hung for pecking at. Two small containers of crushed oyster shells also available. The flock has been together for a year now & no problems like this until now.

Sorry this is such a long read 🤷
Thank you for your help!

Attaching coop pics.
Your set up is amazing and beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom