Friend wants a goat for the wrong reasons- I need help

...to add on to Carri's statement: and we are edging towards senility.
woot.gif
~ Oaknim

I haven't rented a college apartment in many years now, but I'm SURE that landlords haven't changed that much that they would allow college students to have a goat in the yard!

Quote:
My friend is in college renting a house and wants a goat.

Heh, Carrie- I was joking about the hijack on this thread..LOL!

Tell your friend that goats do not eat grass. They eat weeds That is unless their mine. We have three goats. When they were babies my husband kept them close in our front yard. Now we have three full sized goats in our front yard. Although they have access to a large paddock area full of greens they prefer to stay in the front yard and get fed. The mess they make is not worth the trouble. Goat pellets everywhere. That means flies everywhere unless you take care of that. Is your friend aware that goats are herd animals they don't do well alone. They require alot of attention and feeding at scheduled times. Its easier to hire someone to cut the grass. Its probabally cheaper in the long run as well.

If she wanted a lawn moer, she should get a sheep. Goats eat plants (some) but not grass

You could tell her a bunch of horror stories and scare her straight. What would be a good story? Just casually mention that you heard the funniest story on the internet about this idiot that got a goat and actually put it in her backyard. The person put it in her yard and it wouldn't stop crying. It only stopped when she was with it. She got in trouble with all her neighbors since the goat was so noisy. The goat also got really sick and had diarhea all over the yard because the woman actually thought she could just have it eat grass. Then the goat learned it could just escape the yard by just going over the fence, breaking every planter on the way. The goat roamed the neighborhood, knocking down little children and climbing on everyone's cars. When this idiot woman found out she had several lawsuits against her and huge bills to keep getting the goat out of the pound and on top of that had to resod her entire yard to fix the damage from the goat this idiot woman finally got rid of the goat. Deeply regretting the entire experience. Or just find out what she cherishes most and somehow fit that into the story.

Oh, and not all of us college students are idiots. We just act like it most of the time. No matter what age college student we are.

Back
Top Bottom