Jacin's Fiber Art

Pics
OK, this is an area I have no understanding of whatsoever. Can you explain to me how you take that batt and turn it into a workable textile, while ensuring the feathers incorporate? Like do spin it from here and voila! thread? Or what?
Pretty much. You'll take thinner straps from the batt (laid flat, not rolled like it is now) and you use a spinning wheel or a drop spindle to add twist and thin the strip out even more until you get the size you want. Then you put 2/3/4 of those single strands and wrap them together to make yarn (or thread if you can go that thin).

Certain fibers have certain limits for how thin or thick they can make themselves though

Pretty much. You'll take thinner straps from the batt (laid flat, not rolled like it is now) and you use a spinning wheel or a drop spindle to add twist and thin the strip out even more until you get the size you want. Then you put 2/3/4 of those single strands and wrap them together to make yarn (or thread if you can go that thin).

Certain fibers have certain limits for how thin or thick they can make themselves though
See? Look! I don't know everything! :p

Back
Top Bottom