Migratory/ Ornamental Waterfowl breeding season

kangababy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
Alabama
So I haven't been on here in a while.. but how was everyone's breeding season..

We had a pretty sucessful first year.. I would say we have at minium 150+ babies make it to adult hood
I am over run with Ring Tealpairs, mandarin drakes and wood ducks drakes.
I have pairs of wood ducks and Mandarins too.

WE also have Bahama Pintails, White Mandarins, Apricot Wood Ducks, Fulvous Tree Ducks (lots of them) Eytons, Black belly (3 hens), greenwing teal, marbled teal and it seems like something else we have to sell.

We had 2 Smews (a pair) make it to adulthood but they made their way to our breeder pen and we can actually hand feed them with mealworms and alot of the Mergansers and my parents smews are coming around too. We have 2 Hoodies make it but both were hens (I need to males if anyone has them) and 1 red crested pochards.

I am sad to say we had 2 ruddies born but neither of them made it.

I also had several golden pheasants and bobwhite quial and more Silkie/Cochin mixes then I care to talk about.

our biggest lost we the 15+ turjey I hatched in teh incubators that died at about 2 months old and the only reason we know they did is because we put them in the chicken pen even though they had been raised since day one with the chicken.. live and learn and I will concentrate on them next year

Anyone comments on my website too.. it is a work in progress
http://mhwaterfowlfarm.com/

I hate wait to hear from everyone.

Thanks

It sounds like you have quite the operation going. Good stuff.

I looked at your website and my only recommendations are that the text doesnt stand out against the background very well, maybe a dark blue or black would make it easier to read.

Also, we need to see more pictures of your birds
smile.png

Thanks! I am trying to work on it now but I can;t figure out how to uploal pictures.

I will get it done soon though.

Back
Top Bottom