My new Goose and the Feed Store's strange customer service

That looks just like my Gretchen!!! Gretchen is an Embden x African cross!!

Gretchen004.jpg

Gretchen003.jpg

Gretchen001.jpg

Last edited:
Bec, you are right! They look just alike! He is only 2 months old, so still a baby but a massive baby at that! She is very pretty and I can't believe I found pics of others out there like him?

Last night, we just assumed he was a boy and we named off names to him. When he liked one he did his quiet honked, when he didn't he just stared at us.
tongue.png

So his name is Albert. If I do find an egg under him, then perhaps Alberta!

mommy9994 you had me in stitches!
lau.gif

Awww!! Albert!!! Our Gretchy was named Jr when she was little because she looked just like her Dad. honsetly she really just looked like a boy to me but when her brother started growing a knob and was protecting her I kinda figured she was a girl...then there were eggs!! Def. girl!! Unfortunatly Her bother Sunny dissapeared..thats a story in itself.

Here is a picture of her parents. Embden is her Mom Snuffy (obviously named because of her twisted beak) African is her dad Mandisa.

Misc095.jpg

Here is a picture of Gretchen and another one of her biological brothers Mr. Meanie. He was a year younger. My neighbor got him from my friend that owns the parents. He was killed last fall by something. We found him face down in our pond. Gretchen doesnt leave our front yard much...she sleeps on out front porch at night on the welcome mat!

Miscpics007.jpg

Last edited:
Snuffy is so cute! I thought I noticed something different about her bill, but nonetheless still as precious!
smile.png
I have a few birds with issues and it doesn't bother me. One Amerucana roo as a broken toe and bent leg (chickhood accident) and my goose has the odd wing feather situation. I think its sad when people cull them just because of a deformity.

I have wanted Embdens but they're hard to find. Next year, I am ordering them early from Ideal.

I will also try to post more pics of Albert since now he is getting more friendly and a little less scared.

Today is the last day of turning my Toulouse eggs so i am praying and hoping for a nice healthy hatch!

Back
Top Bottom