Be sure to let us know what the vet says. Thinking about you and Pipsqueak
Okay so, just got back from the vet. Vet says there are 2 full sized soft shell eggs in her. The vet said one was stuck and she managed to dislodge it but it did not come out there. For now i got some anti inflammatory meds that she said would help with the pain and help to prevent them from getting stuck in there by inflammation and she also said it would help with contractions. I gave her the first dose of it and put her separate from the other ducks in her pen. I also got a quote from the vet for the procedure to knock her out and have them try to extract the eggs and that would cost $360 which is honestly a lot less than I expected that to be. I don't know if I'll be able to make enough for it but I will work as much as I possibly can without driving myself insane for the time being and I might be able to make it work if needed. They also said alternatively I could surrender her to them and they would cover the cost of whatever surgeries are needed, but they would release her into the wild afterwards. I was pretty shocked to hear this considering they are domestic invasive animals but maybe they have some sort of weird acception because they are licensed rehabbers but it didn't sound right to me I guess if it really came down to either do that or have to put her down I would but it just does not sound right. For now I am just praying that she will manage to get them out since the vet dislodged it with the help of the anti inflammatory.

What is the med the vet gave you to use to help with contractions? Pretty amazing to me she isn't sick having two stuck in her. I sure hope she can pass them both.

I just don't feel good about the alternative she said about you surrendering her and then them releasing her.
It just sounds fishy I mean how do you know you surrender her they euthanize her and toss her out.

Muscovy are so hated. And they are such awesome ducks

Last edited:
What is the med the vet gave you to use to help with contractions? Pretty amazing to me she isn't sick having two stuck in her. I sure hope she can pass them both.

I just don't feel good about the alternative she said about you surrendering her and then them releasing her.
It just sounds fishy I mean how do you know you surrender her they euthanize her and toss her out.

Muscovy are so hated. And they are such awesome ducks
The med is metacam

Just brought her in for her warm bath, got a couple more of these little white gelatinous egg balls. She refuses to stay in the warm bath for more than 10 minutes without trying to jump out and when she tries to jump out i just let her out so she doesn't hurt herself. I feel like if she really utilized the warm bath to push them out it would help her a lot but she does not understand that is what she is supposed to be doing in there.

Attachments

• 20240517_105005.jpg
    20240517_105005.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom