Very hot weather, eggs have pips

I guess this time her genetics were weaker than the rooster? :( I hope they have at least some serama "features" !
A chick essentially gets half its genetics from its father and half from its mother. Due to the sex linked genes the father contributes more to his daughters but the boys get an equal amount from each parent.

Some of those genes are dominant, some recessive. Some are partially dominant and some only act when certain other genes are present. So the chicks will have some features from the father, some features from the mother. Those features can be size, shape, colors, patterns, behaviors, combs, and many other things. I can't tell you which features you will see but you will probably be happy. Most people are when they hatch and raise chicks.

Thank you! But I am really worried about her health because of the hot weather, she must drink at least. Can I give her something next to the nest?
I offered mine cold watermelon slices/ bits cut to bite size and she ate a lot to hydrate. Exact same situation but every broody is different.

Back
Top Bottom