Ducklings climbing on top of heat plate

I have also had the kaki and buff escape twice by simply jumping out the pool while I was at work.

When did you all move yours outside? And when can I take them out to enjoy some sunshine (although it looks like we won’t have any of that for at least a week)?

On nice warm days I took mine out at a week old started out at around 15 min and gradually increased just watch them to see if they chill if chilled they will lay down close together if not they will be up exploring I didn’t let them in water outside they got to be play in the tub in warm water.

My ducklings start climbing on the heat plate almost from day 1! I tilt the plate so the back is a bit lower, and have it high enough that they can get under when needed/wanted, but not too low so as to burn their backs. I prefer it to a heat lamp, myself, and am considering getting another one.
I did the same for mine, they seemed to like having a higher and lower/warmer and cooler side to choose from as well!
Is this the replacement? I havent seen one like this before, the heat plate I used was different to this, having four stable legs, like a table

I did the same for mine, they seemed to like having a higher and lower/warmer and cooler side to choose from as well!

Is this the replacement? I havent seen one like this before, the heat plate I used was different to this, having four stable legs, like a table
Yes this is the replacement, it has 2 stable legs with “feet” on both sides.

Back
Top Bottom