Egg bound

Debjay01

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2023
I have isolated my chicken. She had a problem with I believe egg laying. She was lethargic so I gave her a soak in the tub. She laid a egg that night that was weird it had almost like a paper shell around the egg. The egg inside looked normal. She has not laid today and she acts normal but dony want to add back to flock if still having issues I found a egg like this a week or 2 ago . What do I need to do differently or should add back to flock. Is drinking and pooping. Weird color like almost greenish color

Attachments

• 20240515_061242.jpg
    20240515_061242.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 14
Is she a new layer? Sometimes young hens lay all kinds of weird eggs in the beginning.

If not, she could be having a calcium deficiency which would rectify itself quickly if you could give her either a crushed-up Tums in something small she would eat, like a little scrambled eggs, tuna, or make her feed into a mash, or better yet would be to give her one of your calcium pills. Just open her beak and put it in her mouth. If she is egg-bound, that'll give her contractions so she'll expel it easier. The baths help too.

Are they getting oyster shells on the side?

Is she a new layer? Sometimes young hens lay all kinds of weird eggs in the beginning.

If not, she could be having a calcium deficiency which would rectify itself quickly if you could give her either a crushed-up Tums in something small she would eat, like a little scrambled eggs, tuna, or make her feed into a mash, or better yet would be to give her one of your calcium pills. Just open her beak and put it in her mouth. If she is egg-bound, that'll give her contractions so she'll expel it easier. The baths help too.

Are they getting oyster shells on the side?
I got some oyster shell so I added it to my flock. I did the calcium pills. Hopefully tonight she will lay an egg. She is a year old. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom