Eugene, Oregon : 5 backyard hens need rehoming for a better life / better care

MommaHen1968

Hatching
Apr 25, 2024
Hey all you chicken lovers, I'm trying to help a mentally disabled 50-year-old man rehome his hens. When I moved to this property and new cottage- he had a small Coop with five hens with the approval of the landlords . I realized quickly they live in squalor, mud and are not cared for correctly. They're so muddy and dirty and he feeds them some really odd things. I'm just really hoping to find a good life for them where they can pick at the ground and not all muddy and also have an owner that knows how to properly care for them. My intent is to help this gentleman give his chickens their best life. He seems to think that chickens have only so many eggs in their body to produce. He doesn't realize these chickens are just so unhappy that they are not producing eggs. They are not that old, but simply have the shittiest little space to live.
He's on board with this plan. He just needs to know they will have a better life. Thank you for reading.

Hey all you chicken lovers, I'm trying to help a mentally disabled 50-year-old man rehome his hens. When I moved to this property and new cottage- he had a small Coop with five hens with the approval of the landlords . I realized quickly they live in squalor, mud and are not cared for correctly. They're so muddy and dirty and he feeds them some really odd things. I'm just really hoping to find a good life for them where they can pick at the ground and not all muddy and also have an owner that knows how to properly care for them. My intent is to help this gentleman give his chickens their best life. He seems to think that chickens have only so many eggs in their body to produce. He doesn't realize these chickens are just so unhappy that they are not producing eggs. They are not that old, but simply have the shittiest little space to live.
He's on board with this plan. He just needs to know they will have a better life. Thank you for reading.
Hi, we are they located

I have a friend in Junction City on 24acres that might be interested. I'd like to give him more details though. Can you find out how old and what breed, hens? Roosters? Is 50 old? haha, sorry had to do that because he's not wrong, they do only have a limited amount of eggs. They typically slow down laying after 2. Muddy is bad though, you're right.

Back
Top Bottom