My roosters injured a hawk what do I do?

Pics
Impressive chickens!
Your birds likely do have mites now, and in the USA there's permethrin spray, permethrin dust, or spinosad spray. All work fine, your local feed/ farm store should have the permethrin. In mild weather the spray is least expensive and easiest to use.
That hawk was likely debilitated because of it's mite overload, contributing to it's hunting failure. Your birds definitely won that round! Just get the permethrin and treat them, and spray the inside of the coop.
Mary
After discovering and fighting coop mites since November, I have just cleaned out my coop, used a heat gun, and took apart walls. Sprayed the coop with permethrin. Will the spray have residual effects, or do I need to re treat, and when? I have searched everywhere to find the answer to no avail, and seems you have extensive experience. TIA

Best to spray again, in ten days or so. Some folks spray every seven days, three times in a row.
And check at least a few birds, at night with that flashlight, every week or two.
We have repeated mite episodes here, because we do free range, and wild sparrows will get into our coop.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom