Paralyzed chick

Bcurren

Hatching
Apr 25, 2024
I have a 7-8 week old Jersey giant. Saturday she started with a limp , I brought her inside to evaluate her. No bumble foot or scaly let mites. No visible injuries but I still decided to keep her inside overnight. Sunday , she would not put any weight on either leg. I started her on nutridrench. She’s not eating much on her own but drinking. So I’ve been hand feeding. Her tail feathers are down but it’s hard to tell with her comb because she’s so young. Today (Thursday) she still will not walk. I’ve been massaging her toes and feet , trying to stretch her legs , they will quiver , but she won’t use them. Her left wing also just kind of hangs . Is there anything else I can try before we put her down ? I don’t want her to suffer .

Her feet are not trying to grip either. We have done epson salt baths daily to get the poop off . Nothing seems to help her 😭 she is alert still.

Hmmm could this possibly be Mereks?? My 7 week isa brown got it and was having a lot of the same symptoms... im so sorry❤. I'd keep her seperate so it doesnt spread to the rest of the flock

Hmmm could this possibly be Mereks?? My 7 week isa brown got it and was having a lot of the same symptoms... im so sorry❤. I'd keep her seperate so it doesnt spread to the rest of the flock
That’s what I thought too ! She’s been inside since ! None of my other 11 chicks are showing any symptoms !

Back
Top Bottom