What exactly IS a red sex link?

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
This is probably a stupid question, but one of my chickies I bought at the feed store is a red sex link. They told me those are some of the best layers they have. She is golden yellow right now, but the tops of her wings are beginning to feather in with a reddish color. The other two are Americanas I believe, or aracaunas, not sure which. lol They are terribly ugly right now. What is the dif also in an Americauna and and Aracauna? Sorry so dumb, mom is the farm girl but they didnt have all these names when she was a girl, they just had banties (sp?) and not sure what else.
So, what IS a red sex link? I have been looking at pics and types of chickens, and I dont SEE red sex links!
Thanks much.
Jill

My little red sex link is our friendliest bird, the EEs are more stand offish. We only have three, all from a feed store. At about 8 weeks, I think our sex-link must be the delaware cross because she is red with a bit of black on her wings and tail. She's the character who will jump up for treats and tells everbody else that she is the BOSS.

Karen

Back
Top Bottom