Barred rock Plymouth Rock gender question

Pink is definitely a girl. Blue is either a light colored girl or a slow to mature boy. Generally by 4 - 5 weeks a BR boy will have red and much bigger comb and wattles.

Though if it is a slower developing boy they tend to be better gentlemen than the quicker developing boys. So he's got that going for him if it is a cockerel.

Pink is definitely a girl. Blue is either a light colored girl or a slow to mature boy. Generally by 4 - 5 weeks a BR boy will have red and much bigger comb and wattles.

Though if it is a slower developing boy they tend to be better gentlemen than the quicker developing boys. So he's got that going for him if it is a cockerel.
I didn’t know that about slow maturing males! Thank you for sharing.
What a bonus if it was a girl! When I put this all together I’m thinking it’s a boy: he went from the smallest/lightest chick to now the second heaviest out of 5. He’s bigger than pink now & he has been observed chest bumping lots, standing tall and has feathered less than pink. He is actually quite calm & chill when being handled compared to pink- so yes, hopefully they are gentleman qualities if a boy.

They are 6 weeks old now! First is blue, second is pink.
IMG_3161.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3172.jpeg
    IMG_3172.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 8
Honestly, by this time I think they're both pullets. I would expect a cockerel to have a much redder comb and wattles than either of them do right now.

Back
Top Bottom