BLR pullet or cockerel

I don't have anything to add on roo or hen (that reddish comb/waddle is definitely roo-ish, as others have said, but it's too early for obviously roo feathers or patterning), but I did just want to chime in that I also think he's black laced red (which happens with blue laced reds since blue doesn't breed true), or possibly black laced gold, though he does seem more red in photos. Besides the tone, that greenish sheen is very characteristic of black. Pretty bird!

I don't have anything to add on roo or hen (that reddish comb/waddle is definitely roo-ish, as others have said, but it's too early for obviously roo feathers or patterning), but I did just want to chime in that I also think he's black laced red (which happens with blue laced reds since blue doesn't breed true), or possibly black laced gold, though he does seem more red in photos. Besides the tone, that greenish sheen is very characteristic of black. Pretty bird!
Interesting, he’s definitely too red to be a gold laced Wyandotte. He looks a lot like a black laced. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom