Usskingirl2

Chirping
May 17, 2019
Hello,
I just rescued a 6-8 month old Ameraucana she is definitely thin. The feed store said she eats and loves normally but I highly doubt it. I have tried doing a mash and also I keep her feed in a deep trough. Her tongue was completely dry when we got her and gave her wayer through a syringe. She doesn't seem to be eating anything we try to give her Soft, Mushy, powdered or even liquid. Please help. I trimmed the beak and the quick is pretty long I'm going to try and consistently dremel/trim it back and see if we can slowly re shape it. My main concern is her not eating. Her pouch is definitely empty. Her tongue was completely dried out. We gave her wayer in a syringe but can't get her to consume any food.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_022546_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_022546_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240501_022638_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_022638_Gallery.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 1
I just rescued a 6-8 month old Ameraucana she is definitely thin. The feed store said she eats and loves normally but I highly doubt it. I have tried doing a mash and also I keep her feed in a deep trough. Her tongue was completely dry when we got her and gave her wayer through a syringe. She doesn't seem to be eating anything we try to give her Soft, Mushy, powdered or even liquid. Please help. I trimmed the beak and the quick is pretty long I'm going to try and consistently dremel/trim it back and see if we can slowly re shape it. My main concern is her not eating. Her pouch is definitely empty. Her tongue was completely dried out. We gave her wayer in a syringe but can't get her to consume any food.
@Eggcessive, would tube feeding be an appropriate thing to try in this case?

Back
Top Bottom