crossing R.I. reds and buff cochin

horsewzl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 1, 2010
my buff cochin rooster got into the pen with my Rhode Island reds and I wanted to see if anyone has ever had or bred this cross and what do they look like I put the eggs in the incubator to hatch but not sure if they will or what they would look like. can someone please help

The offspring will be a darker red color with black in the wings and tail. They should have feathered legs. I am not sure how the feathers would be effected , my guess would be that the birds would have feather type more like a RIR than a cochin. You will just have to see when they put on their adult plumage. Post pics of the birds I am sure others would like to see the adults and chicks.

Tim

ok I diffently will post pics they were put in the incubator about a week ago .

ok I diffently will post pics they were put in the incubator about a week ago .
I have the same scenario only mine hatched naturally under my Buff Orpington. I know yours happened long ago. There were several eggs under her - RIR, Barred Rock and a Buff Orpington. I believe the hatch from 5 days ago is a RIR and Buff Cochin (Sampson my Roo is Cochin) and it’s cute as a button - feathered feet and legs too. I hope it turns out to be a hen!

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom