Full Mottle(d) Jacket.. - my journey to a colorful coop...

Pics
The tiny monochromes are celebrating there 14 days. They seem not to grow (but they do) and are still very tiny, compared with the M Fs.
I'm not sure the grayish are really blue or will get black completely. If not, it's a very very slate blue...

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpeg
    IMG_5132.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5120.jpeg
    IMG_5120.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5127.jpeg
    IMG_5127.jpeg
    467.6 KB · Views: 2
JC didn't make it. Went back to the vet with her today, because no improvement since Friday. We decided to euthanize her. Although she was eating when possible, and on high dosed vitamins, she wasn't able to get up, just creeping around the box on on side with feet trembling.
I still hope it was a a severe vitamin deficiency with nerve damage and no virus. The others are still in top form, fingers crossed that this was an isolated event.
Rest in peace JC

Attachments

• IMG_4241.jpeg
    IMG_4241.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4854.jpeg
    IMG_4854.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 1
The circle of life.. When I came home from the vet with JC I found three pipped eggs in the incubator (right on time, but I hadn't really paid attention today) and the first one has already hatched two hours after. A little wheaten mottled chick (confirmation hatch from my mille-fleur hen and buff blue tailed rooster) . Photos later :)

Back
Top Bottom