guinea keet needs help any advice

farmertank

Songster
12 Years
Apr 28, 2007
Linden TN
I have a 3 week old guinea keet that has red blister like things where her feathers come out of her body. she is pecking at herself. can anyone tell me what this is and how to treat it. I don't have any DE or I would put some on her. should I put her under a red light to stop her from pecking or won't this work. I also gave her a bath in warm water. I don't see any bug or lice moving around on her.

any help would be great!

Julie

I don't want to sound pushy, but does anybody know anything. I can't get on very much and I don't know when I'll be able to get on again. If know one does thats ok I was just hoping for something tonight.

Julie

To get her to stop picking, you can pick up some stuff called blue kote. It turns everything blue/purple and tastes bad I think. Worth a try. That's all I can suggest at the moment.

thank you Silkiechicken I'll try to find this bluekote. I'm just worried about the little red blisters, I don't know if her pecking caused this or if the blisters caused her pecking.
Julie

A picture would be very helpful. What you call a blister and what could be a reaction to bug bites or something else could make all the difference in how to treat the keet.

Also, what are you feeding? Keets need a high protein diet. Could be the baby is picking its own feathers for protein. And being Guineas I would think the need for something other than soy protein would be even more important.

Back
Top Bottom