How do i know if a baby chick is a boy or a girl ?

Quote:
*laughs* (wheee for hijacking a thread, sorry nancyy) He's doing REALLY well, he is a TOTAL snuggle bug, and I am absolutely besotted. *grin* I feel bad keeping him quarantined right now, he's such a social guy, but he and I have spent at least an hour the last two days just hanging out in the sun in a part of the yard that is not used by Shiva & Parvati, and Greg has been down in the garage with him (working on the coop *laughs*) most of both days.

(I am not quarantining him because I think he's sick, but at this point with 3 "batches" of birds between the Brahmas, the chicks & Dr. Fluffenstein I don't want to run any risks in any direction.. Besides the coop is nearly done and this way we can move the adults over all at once and there won't be as much territoriality in place... Shiva will take top roo, I don't doubt that at all, but this way it will hopefully be easier... I am also being a bit of a coward about ending up with 2 adult roos and 1 adult hen LOL.. Heh, I really hope that all the chicks are hens, or I'm going to have to trust MPC actually sending pullets *laughs* and we'll need a few to balance Dusty and Shiva
roll.png
)

Last edited:
Even hens can crow. I have a Polish that fooled us like that. We thought it was a hen, but then it started to crow. Ok, we have a rooster. Well imagine our suprise when that rooster layed an egg the next day!

Oh Silkies4ever from your lips. . .
fl.gif

I'm pretty sure that marsha is a marshall, though. This was a full crow, not a hen trying to crow.

Oh, marsha, marsha, marsha!

Petra, I'm glad Dr. Fluffenstein is doing well and has such a good home. Keep me posted about him from time to time! I love the name, I was calling him Lyle (for Lyle Lovett-the crazy hair).

Back
Top Bottom