My other EE is mourning for her Fandango

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
Gosh, who says chickens cant mourn or think. My other silly ee, Miss Fussy, keeps crying and crying.

Especially when I put them to bed tonite (first night without the lil one), she cried for 20 minutes. It was breaking my heart, already hurting here too. She has never done that before, unless she is crying for the lil one, when she would follow me out of Fussy's sight.

The other chicken seems like she isnt sure what to do, but they are sure subdued today and are terribly afraid of me all of a sudden, like I took her away! Crazy chickens. Also they are terribly aggressive toward each other, which I think is odd. Messed up the pecking order, or some weird thing.
Fussy, I took out earlier and we did have a good cry together til she started pecking my lips and getting rambuctious. lol I have never cuddled her before. She frightens very easily, but is also the friendlier one of the two remaining.
Why couldnt they be a bit more loving, like that stupid chicken that followed me everywhere? sigh...

Doing my grieving online..thanks for putting up with me...

We often underestimate the intelligence and ability to feel of animals.

Grieveing is a good thing and I think most here will understand what you are going through. No need to apologize for having feelings and compassion.

I'm SURE Fussy is missing Fandango. I've personally had 2 experiences where the same thing has happened. I started with 3 chickens and, one night, (my stupidity), a fox got 2. The next day, Louise went around crying and searching everywhere for her two friends. (I did get her 2 new friends and everything worked out fine!) And, just recently, I acquired 2 grown hens. One of them went running around for two days making noises that I thought meant she wanted to lay an egg. (She didn't). When I told the lady I got them from, she told me this particular hen had a close friend and was probably missing her. I'm sure that's true because she stopped after two days and hasn't done it since. Thankfully, chickens have short memories and I'm sure your remaining two will soon be fine, unlike us humans!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom