OH dear!! I think Blue,Blue is a Roo,Roo!!! PHOTOS!

Wooden_Pony

Songster
12 Years
Aug 9, 2007
Mushroom Mardi Gras Land, CA
Here she/he is my DS Standard Blue Cochin. I think they are about 7 weeks old??

Blue's "sister" has her tail and a dark area where her comb should be. Blue on the other hand has no tail and a turning red comb.

Is that a sign of a Roo?

Blue...
IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

Petunia...
IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

Thanks silkiechicken and speckledhen!
I was thinking the same thing to pink....

Wouldn't you know it order Pullets and got a Roo.

Well, if Blue does turn out to be a Roo, everyone keep your fingers crossed he will be a quite one!!
fl.gif

My DS is so upset that his Blue might not be able to stay here!! :aww

Sexing mistakes do happen. It is an art and they do it so quickly, too, that a cockerel who doesn't look that defined when they take their quick look, just gets tossed into the pullet box. I had a Lt. Brahma cockerel who was sexed as a pullet and I hated to sell him. He was a doll.

Sexing mistakes do happen.

Oh yes I understand that. We are just bummed because both Cochins are SO SWEET!!

Blue spends so much time with DS driving around in the Tonka dump truck and tractors. She/he follows DS everywhere he goes.

I think it would be neat to be able to keep Blue if she turns out to be a roo and breed him to my Buff Orpingtons!!
wink.png

I ordered 5 black dutch bantams along with 3 other breeds I had asked for all pullets and out of the 5 BD's I got 1 pullet and 4 roo's - so off to new homes went 3 of them I had to keep one he was just to cute thank god banties dont crow to loud and I have great neighbors ( most of all of them also have roo's so mornings around my neighborhood sound like a rooster war zone LOL)

Quote:
WOW you sure did get a lot of roo's!!
big_smile.png

I do not think my neighbor's would complain either someone around here already had a roo. We are on the outskirt of town and right down the road is a horse ranch and they have roos and some REALLY loud donkeys.

AC (Animal Control) told me that if I ended up with a roo just to tell people that it is one of my hens that crows on occasion.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom