Pics
I'm sorry about your little chicken. I don't know if I missed it in this thread but when my ducks have egg-bound problems I give them calcium gluconate. It's a liquid that you can buy at Tractor Supply which is much easier to give than a pill and in my experience it works fast. Also, you can buy calcium citrate in powder form that you can sprinkle on their food when you begin to see thin-shelled eggs from your flock. I keep that in a spice shaker and put on the food as needed.
FA258AE0-6552-42C4-A6DE-0CFB9AEC58E9.jpeg

I'm sorry about your little chicken.
Thank you.💕🥺

I don't know if I missed it in this thread but when my ducks have egg-bound problems I give them calcium gluconate. It's a liquid that you can buy at Tractor Supply which is much easier to give than a pill and in my experience it works fast.
I'll definitely have to look in to that! We're headed to Tractor Supply later this week for some cattle panels. I'll look into it to have on hand. 😁

Also, you can buy calcium citrate in powder form that you can sprinkle on their food when you begin to see thin-shelled eggs from your flock. I keep that in a spice shaker and put on the food as needed.
That's a really smart idea! I have a pill crusher that might work to crush the calcium citrate pill that has the vitamin D3 in it. That would be nice to feed them occasionally preventatively! We can also try to find the powder too. I'll still try to feed a specific hen the two pills when there is a problem, but I like the idea of feeding all of them some of the powder when I notice something slightly off. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom