Sally's GF3 thread

Our doc knows we do not want to be on pills. If he ever says, "I want you to start taking XYZ," he better have a REALLY good reason.

My cholesterol is a mixed bag. My LDL is higher than it should be, and my total is up there too. However, my triglycerides and HDL are good. A friend of mine who is a semi-retired internist said, "Wow, your HDL is really good. I wouldn't worry about the TC."

So, my doc said he'd like my TC and LDL to be lower, and recommended I try some dietary changes, and see if I can bring it down.

Yay, Doc! That's the kind of thing I want to hear you say. And yes, that's what I'm doing. My next physical is about 7 weeks out, and I want to blow his socks off with my numbers next time. :)

Sally,,,, that new piece of Kitchen equipment may not affect your LDL, HDL, TC, or XYZ,,, but it may affect the LBS.
:hugsWe all need a chuckle. Laughter is best medicine.:old:highfive:
1716144716680.png

@NanaK, I want to tell you that the seeds you sent me have sprouted and are doing well. Your collards had a much better germination rate than the seed I bought from Baker Creek.

I'll be planting my hardened off tomato, pepper, luffa, sunflower, and cucamelons in the garden on Thursday or Friday, probably. We're under threat of severe weather tonight, so all the pots are still in the dog crates and covered with sheets.

Baker Creek's poor/very poor seed germination rate was a big topic on the garden thread. In some cases it was zero percent, on several different crops, and from more than one person. This is disheartening for me; I've recommended BC several times as a good place to order heirloom seeds online.

I won't be recommending them in the future, and I'm sorry. I like their catalog, their website, free shipping with no minimum order, and the fact that they sell open pollinated, heirloom seed.

I haven't heard of this problem with Sow True Seed and Seed Saver's Exchange. They are the other two places I order seed.

@NanaK, I want to tell you that the seeds you sent me have sprouted and are doing well. Your collards had a much better germination rate than the seed I bought from Baker Creek.

I'll be planting my hardened off tomato, pepper, luffa, sunflower, and cucamelons in the garden on Thursday or Friday, probably. We're under threat of severe weather tonight, so all the pots are still in the dog crates and covered with sheets.
Wonderful! Glad they are doing good for you. ❤️

The EWO are doing the walking thing and seem very happy!

Back
Top Bottom