Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

I'm thinking about making a table and some simple chairs or bench seats with all the pallet boards I have accumulated. I think the boards range between 19" to 26" long. Bench seats with no back would be easiest.
Ooo, that sounds like a fun project! I've been wanting to build a pallet board work bench for a while now. Looking forward to seeing what yoyou come up with

Ooo, that sounds like a fun project! I've been wanting to build a pallet board work bench for a while now. Looking forward to seeing what yoyou come up with
I'm checking out YouTube videos now. Found a couple of interesting ideas.

Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 10.30.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 10.32.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-17 at 10.36.24 AM.png

We have had three days of rain here, so I did not get too much done outside. I took the "down time" to finishing building another two half-sized 2X4 foot pallet wood raised beds to put alongside the back of my chicken run. My plan is to use the chicken run fence as a trellis for things like peas and beans.

I have four of those half-sized beds along the fence making 16 feet of potential use for climbing vine plants. I already have the first two beds planted with peas to grow up the fence. I plan on planting vine beans in the next two beds.

:tongue I mentioned some time ago that I purchased some inferior potting soil this year and my seed starting has been less successful than I had hoped. I will probably have to hit some of our stores and buy additional plants for my raised beds. I am kind of disappointed in myself, but my backup plan has always been to buy starter plants if my home starts fail. Having said that, I think I maybe have half my starts this year from my efforts at home. That's an improvement over last year, but less than what I was hoping for this year.

:idunno Maybe my true gardening talent is in making pallet wood raised beds! At least I am pretty happy with my raised bed builds. Too bad Dear Wife is only interested in growing flowers. She has the green thumb in the family. But she has not shown much interest in growing any food.

🤔 I also have to build some more pallet wood protective covers for some of my other beds. Something is getting into the raised beds and digging around in the topsoil/compost mix. I suspect it's squirrels, but it could be some big birds I guess. I don't think they would dig out transplants, but they seem to digging for the seeds.

Back
Top Bottom