Sick Turkey

I actually have everything on that list besides from Toltrazuril, is corid okay to use instead since they’re both used to treat coccidiosis?? If she has cocci instead of blackhead disease will all of that treatment hurt her at all??
FYI, cocci and coccidia are two different things. Corid will treat coccidia which causes coccidiosis but won't do anything for cocci.

Wow, that's wonderful! Yes, you can use Corid. It doesn't work as well, but it won't hurt anything.
Apparently I read one of the medicines wrong and I actually do not have Metronidazole which is very unfortunate since it seems like it’s a prescription only type of thing, would this be safe for a turkey?? Or do you know anywhere I could get it online without having to have a prescription?? Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/Seachem-67108010-Metronidazole-5gram/dp/B0002A5X8W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.iQJr-NFQgOTG3xIfX5nao7c6CPBTHlxZmiuBfXaQIFl4X0IFNBZxD0kmXa6YdFyoCqVzK1RblUrYiy07zWva4EFP-9tQ_jdlwaacPP1QbspfXxtmyOlG3yAQpBDSQ15XbAjYP93YT3n3Tq8qlR6U9Ux16hz7RZFg-KU7ZtShROPHNMho6ihcTTM1wSL57uKdusIyAk5NoR6FZkmy0U-k3g.b5LJbz5tIdDqEtudVMQ52ZU05Nj7KBkiZw8SSSsHsCY&dib_tag=se&keywords=FISH-ZOLE+(Metronidazole+250mg)&qid=1715898586&sr=8-1

Apparently I read one of the medicines wrong and I actually do not have Metronidazole which is very unfortunate since it seems like it’s a prescription only type of thing, would this be safe for a turkey?? Or do you know anywhere I could get it online without having to have a prescription?? Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/Seachem-67108010-Metronidazole-5gram/dp/B0002A5X8W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.iQJr-NFQgOTG3xIfX5nao7c6CPBTHlxZmiuBfXaQIFl4X0IFNBZxD0kmXa6YdFyoCqVzK1RblUrYiy07zWva4EFP-9tQ_jdlwaacPP1QbspfXxtmyOlG3yAQpBDSQ15XbAjYP93YT3n3Tq8qlR6U9Ux16hz7RZFg-KU7ZtShROPHNMho6ihcTTM1wSL57uKdusIyAk5NoR6FZkmy0U-k3g.b5LJbz5tIdDqEtudVMQ52ZU05Nj7KBkiZw8SSSsHsCY&dib_tag=se&keywords=FISH-ZOLE+(Metronidazole+250mg)&qid=1715898586&sr=8-1
That will work, but will be very hard to dose. Something like this might be safer:
https://www.petsmart.com/fish/food-...ving-general-cure-5112949.html?fmethod=Search

Update - I’ve kept her inside for the past 2 days and have been giving her every medicine recommend every morning but not Metronidazole yet since I just ordered it (coming this Saturday) She’s starting to eat and drink more, I got her some higher protein chick crumble a couple days ago since she wasn’t eating as much as she should. Her poop is no longer bright green instead it’s now slightly green but mostly brown but still on the runnier side. She still seems weak, still pretty pale, and her are feathers very ruffled I feel like they’re pretty frail and fall out way too easily, her wings still droop but she seems to move around more when I take her outside for awhile to get from fresh air. I’m not sure whether or not it’s an improvement since she still seems somewhat lifeless but it’s only been a couple days so let’s hope!

Update 2 - Shes still alive! She’s more active and has got a little more color in her but the only thing is it seems like she’s still so weak… her wings still droop slightly and she seems to still be losing weight even though she eats and I still bring her inside at night to make sure she does. I watched her demolish some watermelon yesterday and then go crazy on some of her crumble throughout the day and her crop felt empty when I checked it before bed?? It’s definitely confusing me, any help would be appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom