the survivor

Apr 17, 2024
one day my dog was in the pantry ( were I keep the incubator) it was day 20 and he got tangled in the cords and pulled the incubator off the shelf and all the eggs cracked except for one there were chicks dying on the floor all peeping there was nothing i could do, luckily I had a broody bantam hen so i put the one egg that didn't crack underneath her and the next day it hatched I named the chick oakalalee which means survivor he is a beautiful full grown rooster now.

Oh my gosh that is so awful! I’m so sorry! My cat reached inside the incubator and pulled a chick out and it started bleeding and slowly dying... ugh it so hard to watch such a sweet animal suffer helplessly! 😭😭😫 Do you have a picture of oakalalee? I would love to see him!

image_67547393 (1).JPG

one day my dog was in the pantry ( were I keep the incubator) it was day 20 and he got tangled in the cords and pulled the incubator off the shelf and all the eggs cracked except for one there were chicks dying on the floor all peeping there was nothing i could do, luckily I had a broody bantam hen so i put the one egg that didn't crack underneath her and the next day it hatched I named the chick oakalalee which means survivor he is a beautiful full grown rooster now.
I’m so sorry about the chicks! I’m so glad the one made it! Also that’s a beautiful name!

Back
Top Bottom