The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Maybe you can put a little bowl with wet feed on top of the feeder.
Tom And Jerry Food GIF by Boomerang Official

I'll see what I can do. Probably screw off the top of the feeder, so it's more plate-like

Tzatziki is doing better today. Still sleepy, but eating and drinking. We're not out of the woods yet, but we have found the way out, it seems.

Haris has a new favourite hobby. Sit at the edge of the brooder plate, and latch on to any ties sticking out from the chicks standing on top of it. If you're standing in the way of her food, she'll peck your eyes till you move away

picture one, Tzatziki sleeping while two chicks behind him/her demonstrate the "are you food?" pose. The darker one pecked the lighter one's beak right after this photo. Picture two, Haris and number four, amongst the big guys. Picture three, Haris, number 4, and number 3View attachment 3816542View attachment 3816543View attachment 3816544
In glad Tzatziki is doing better, you have some completely adorable chicks!!!

Pretty much impossible to do with my setup, since their feed is in one of those feeders that can hold a lot of feed (am I making sense?). So by dampening the food, and putting it in one of those, it'll dry out and be impossible to eat before they get to it
I like to use lids for my tiny mash bowls when they are little. Jam lids, peanut butter lids, multiserve yogurt lids. Shallow, low volume, that way if they make a mess of it you don't waste much, just dump it out and make a fresh batch.

I like to use lids for my tiny mash bowls when they are little. Jam lids, peanut butter lids, multiserve yogurt lids. Shallow, low volume, that way if they make a mess of it you don't waste much, just dump it out and make a fresh batch.

This is the feeder I use. It's pretty much the chick version of what my adult birds have
20240430_132132.jpg

I fear that only having a plate in, or something of that nature won't be enough. They eat like crazy!

This is the feeder I use. It's pretty much the chick version of what my adult birds haveView attachment 3817007

I fear that only having a plate in, or something of that nature won't be enough. They eat like crazy!
I buy these pretzels for two reasons, they are good, and the lids make great mash dishes 🤣 I go to this size when they out-eat the small lids.

20240430_201110.jpg

Auntie Dia loves you, teeny Τσουρέκι and Freddie! You did it! Welcome to this beautiful world. 🩷

IMG_0664.gif

Back
Top Bottom