tractor question

urbanhomesteader

Songster
14 Years
Feb 26, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
I am trying to build my chicken tractor as cheaply as possible. I have chicken wire left over from securing my gates and yard in case the chickens are let out of the run. If I double the chicken wire will that do for the run as well?

djwingo a chicken tractor is basically a movable coop with a run attatched. The run has no bottom so the chickens can still enjoy fresh grass and bugs to eat but preditors can't get in to eat them. If you go to the BYC Home page there should be a COOPS link. I am sure there are a couple of pics there. Better yet google "chicken tractor".

Doubling the chicken wire would be good. Placing welded wire over the chicken wire would be better. Using hardware cloth would be best.

hey thanks for tellin me what it was i would have never guessed that lol i will google it hmmmm my chicks would like one of those bet!!! hubby!!! time to get to work!!!!
big_smile.png

hey great site...now that i know what one is i believe i will attempt to make one my chicks would be able to play i yard without me having to worry to much about dogs and cats!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom