Wayfair chicken run kits

TerryW

Chirping
16 Years
Apr 17, 2008
I got one and love it. They come in different sizes, wayfair.com. I customized the back section by enclosing it and putting in nestboxes and roosts. Being in the desert the front open section is being covered with shade cloth and a new tree was planted for future shade. I put it on top of railroad ties (that are actually the posts used with the guard rails on highways), and assembled it myself (a 60+ yr old woman). I moved my 2 desert tortoises in there too, the hens were all freaked out about them for a couple days.

Attachments

• new chick coop 003 re.jpg
    new chick coop 003 re.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 47
  • coop geese 012 re 2.jpg
    coop geese 012 re 2.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 22
  • new chick coop 002 RE.jpg
    new chick coop 002 RE.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 22
The chain link kennel it the part you bought on Wayfair?
Do you have a link to the item there?

Good job, thanks for posting this. I've looked at it on wayfair because I love the human gate and like you, I like to use something that I can then modify to meet my goals. I have a chain link run that is not predator proof. If you wanted to make it predator proof you could do hot wire and a apron.

I got one and love it. They come in different sizes, wayfair.com. I customized the back section by enclosing it and putting in nestboxes and roosts. Being in the desert the front open section is being covered with shade cloth and a new tree was planted for future shade. I put it on top of railroad ties (that are actually the posts used with the guard rails on highways), and assembled it myself (a 60+ yr old woman). I moved my 2 desert tortoises in there too, the hens were all freaked out about them for a couple days.
I looked at ads for Vevor coop and runs, but their fencing is mesh netting. I guess it could be replaced woth chicken fence or hardware cloth. Anyone here have one? Will they hold up in snow?

Back
Top Bottom