Wry neck or other condition in newborn duck.

Hey! Today 5 eggs from france arrived. I cleaned my incubator very well and i put a termometer inside and the temperature was off by 1C . They were hatching at 39C as i put the incubator at 38 before. Its fixed now and displaying the correct temperature.
So what temperature should i set for my indian runners?
Thank you all for all the help and support.

Hey! Today 5 eggs from france arrived. I cleaned my incubator very well and i put a termometer inside and the temperature was off by 1C . They were hatching at 39C as i put the incubator at 38 before. Its fixed now and displaying the correct temperature.
So what temperature should i set for my indian runners?
Thank you all for all the help and support.

first dont take the termometer reading too religiously, because if you put it closer or further away form the resistance you will read different values. I would set it now at 37.5 (in the incubator), put the termometer at the egg level of the egg closer to the heat source and take a reading after 1 hour. We can start there and move from that point, if you see it high, maybe drop it to 37 in the incubator.

first dont take the termometer reading too religiously, because if you put it closer or further away form the resistance you will read different values. I would set it now at 37.5 (in the incubator), put the termometer at the egg level of the egg closer to the heat source and take a reading after 1 hour. We can start there and move from that point, if you see it high, maybe drop it to 37 in the incubator.

By the way what do you mean by fixed? Did you recalibrate the incubators thermostat?

By the way what do you mean by fixed? Did you recalibrate the incubators thermostat?
I dunno if i did it appropriately but i used my termohidrometer from the greenhouse. I left it inside the incubator and adjusted the temperature of the incubator to match it. The incubator was displaying 1C lower that the temperature inside.

I dunno if i did it appropriately but i used my termohidrometer from the greenhouse. I left it inside the incubator and adjusted the temperature of the incubator to match it. The incubator was displaying 1C lower that the temperature inside.

I would personally try at 37 degrees in the incubator and then see if they come too soon or too late. Adjustment will have to be done by trial and error. But I would avoid running tests with expensive eggs that take too long to hatch (28 days). I would use quail, because they are very cheap and hatch in 17 days.

Back
Top Bottom