Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

I vote for Florida Firecrackers if you're looking for a name šŸ˜‚
I was thinking about ā€œFlorida woods chickenā€ if they stabilize into a breed. I think theyā€™re going to end up looking like a bigger version of the Carolina bantam. I have 5 hens and 1 stag that all have the same general build and color. Black with brown penciling on the hens and black and gold/orange on the stag. Eyes are mostly black but at least one of the hens has brighter eyes. Pea combs. Because Iā€™m letting them do their own thing, those traits will either be reinforced by the black stag or be taken in other directions by the 1/2 Cracker, 1/2 American game cock that oversees the farmyard.

IMG_9747.jpeg
IMG_9740.jpeg
IMG_9744.jpeg

So how long before Terror fowl become a breed?
Probably years. These are basically a new line of F1s, where the previous line from my Wahl aseel and Indo have only survived through one stag and then separately from the hens that have Cracker cut into them. Those that have survived Marekā€™s are turning into fine free range fowl. But theyā€™re nothing ā€œterrorā€ about them. People who see them think theyā€™re Mug American gamefowl. Not reptilian looking or large at all.

So these new Sherman fathered terrorfowl are just the beginning. I need to see these grown out before I know whether I want to start breeding brother and sister or whether I need to cut in more Liege or more Thai.

Back
Top Bottom