Feeding Wild Birds

Just came back from the club and logged on to BYC. So far I have removed/killed 5 ticks crawling up the back of my neck. :barnie White Bird does not appear to have taken a mate and nested. She did not nest last year. Perhaps she is past her prime? Might help explain her color change. The only other 'white' hawk I was familiar with became gradually more white every year until one winter she did not return. She never became as white as White Bird.

Just came back from the club and logged on to BYC. So far I have removed/killed 5 ticks crawling up the back of my neck. :barnie White Bird does not appear to have taken a mate and nested. She did not nest last year. Perhaps she is past her prime? Might help explain her color change. The only other 'white' hawk I was familiar with became gradually more white every year until one winter she did not return. She never became as white as White Bird.
Nasty!!!!!

Ticks are bad this year, I'm going to guess it's because of the mild winter for us.
I had six on my legs yesterday after a short walk in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom