Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Well I got quite a bit done yesterday, as the rain did not set in until during the night (raining ever since).

Pulled the snowblower and attached the brush hog/mower to the tractor. I had several stands of mustard that I wanted to cut down before it went to seed. While turning an old hay pile from peeled round bales I saw the biggest Vole ever - it was the size of a chipmunk! :eek: And I saw a Monarch butterfly, which I have Never seen so early.

The apple trees are in bloom, and some of the lilacs are just starting, also early. Daffodils and Tulips are just about done. Bleeding Heart is in full bloom.

Planted my flower pots for the patio.

Lost a hen yesterday, she had been progressively lethargic with a big soft belly. I'm thinking yolk issue.

Hopefully have eggs hatching later this week, probably my last hatch for the year. I should be hatching some standard layers, but only have bantam roosters so it will be littles or nothing.
You sure did get a lot done!
Sorry to hear about your hen 😞

@1muttsfan you were busy fir sure. I read about the snowblower and for a minute though you are still dealing with snow, 😆 🤣
Sorry about you hen. Mrs. Mary's speckled sussexes are rebels,😆, they do not want to go up into the coop. I gave up tonight. I am not going out there this late. Got sidetracked crocheting makeup bags.
Good news, no more rodents!!! Got those catchers and they are there, waiting for them to die,lol. 2 nights I check cameras and no movements. Will clean those and put them back just in case.

Back
Top Bottom