Sick Goose

Oh and as for bedding I have her on pillows covered with old sheets that I replace every few hours, and she gets a swim about 2x a day.. I hope that's clean enough!!

This is Baby in her new wheelchair!! And my son, who actually named her Baby because she cried so much on the car ride home when we got her <3

Aw, what a lucky Goosy!! You need to PM IainUtah for sure. Shes got a pet goose working on foot issues right now, and they turned out to be spinal I think. Shes found a good vet, after seing a flop, and her goose "spirit" is much improved. I think both she and CelticOaksFarm may both be good choices. Come to the goose rescue link https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/686015/goose-lovers-please-help/260#post_9393213 where you can talk to Iain and Celtic both. Just go there, post your link to hear, and ask everyone there to come and look and offer adice. Iain just got geese this year, but she's now a goose rescue mama, and has about 60 geeese, and has educated herself very well. Celtic is very very experienced, more than me for sure, and can proboly guide you well too.

Now that said, any fish store or walmart will have cheap boxes of charcoal in the pet section. Just call walmart and ask, then go get some. If you call a drug store, they maybe also have some. Its very commen. Not the kind you burn, but its similar. I've used it many times, and while I can't always know if it helped, I'm positive it won't hurt at all. And, there are times I feel its whats made the difference.

Get the puppy pee pads to put under her while in the wheel chair. It looks GrEAT! Any CVS, Walgreens and usually Walmart will have activated charcoal. You can add it to water for her to drink. It won't cause loose stools, but can remove the toxins.

Cotton our white Sebbie gander ate mushrooms after a week of rain and ended up on deaths door. He lived in the house for a week with us. Molasses flush twice, steamed oats, watermelon and some of his Mazuri waterfowl feed by day 4. He swam in our master bathroom jacuzzi tub. He is 100% today and runs with the flock.

Oh good idea with the pads, I'm a caregiver and we have wayyy too many chucks I can use to put under her. How long should I leave her in it? To me it seems way more comfortable than laying on blankets but idk? I am not sure if she should spend all day in it then on the blankets at night or just this now? I am leaving now to get the charcoal. Thanks once again for the help!

Back
Top Bottom