The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

The earliest crower I ever had was about 14 weeks old. I had 5 different bantams breeds / about 17 cockerels from hatchery eggs over the past 10 years. About ⅔ left before they started to crow. 2 stayed long enough to fertilise some eggs.
Unfortunately the ones I kept, all became too loud and didn’t keep their beak shut early mornings.

I've found that most cockerels go throught a constant crowing phase, that (most) grow out of. The decibels they reach is not something I've found to be controllable

I've found that most cockerels go throught a constant crowing phase, that (most) grow out of. The decibels they reach is not something I've found to be controllable
I need to control the dB in the morning (before 8.30 and 9.30 in the weekends). Therefore I gave away all my cockerels until now.

This is the first time I try to keep a cockerel in a separate and dark cage with a his own automatic door. A little bit further away from the people who get annoyed by the crowing. I only can have a rooster as long as nobody complains.
IMG_4907.jpeg

Tintin and his stil caring momma Pearl.

I need to control the dB in the morning (before 8.30 and 9.30 in the weekends). Therefore I gave away all my cockerels until now.

This is the first time I try to keep a cockerel in a separate and dark cage with a his own automatic door. A little bit further away from the people who get annoyed by the crowing. I only can have a rooster as long as nobody complains.
View attachment 3835876
Tintin and his stil caring momma Pearl.

Let's hope Tintin works out for you, then!

Back
Top Bottom