Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Never been a fan of okra, would could put young leaves in salad to try.
I use swiss chard in salads so why not.
I've always loved okra for as long as I can remember. My grandma fried them whole and called them Garden Fish. LOL

Got gas for the lawnmower and stopped by the store for a box of produce waste. The chickens are snacking on blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, snap peas, endive and cabbage leaves. Lucky girls today!

ETA: All finished mowing the lawn. Work is done for the day.

Last edited:
I dumped all the zinnia seeds I saved last year into a half gallon container and it looks like most of them germinated. There will be lots of color around the house and garden this year. LOL

IMG_4143.JPG

I have not had luck with flowers here at all.
Not even a sprout! I can do veggies all day?
Need to plant spinach everything I did get out not spinach.
Have a spot I can use for it. Lost another bird, These are my old girls like 8 and up.
Sorry your old girl went to the coop in the sky. I need to plant some more marigold seeds. I like to have them scattered all over the garden because they repel pests, or so they say.

@pennyJo1960 , I was thinking about your sourdough starter you made for your garden. I wonder if the weed tea fertilizer I'm making would do the same thing, plus add nutrients from the plants.

There has to be lots of yeast and bacteria in the weed tea, because it's got a strong fermentation going on, with lots of bubbles and foam.

The liquid is supposed to be diluted before using as fertilizer, 1 part tea to 10 parts water. I think you can dilute it more and spray it directly on the leaves, too.

Most of the leaves and roots were floating above the top of the water this morning. The bubbles were lifting them up. After I stirred the mess they all sank.

IMG_4158.JPG

Sorry to hear about your hen, @pennyJo1960 . I love that hens get to retire at your place. Mine do too. I love the old hens. They seem to be the wise old women of the flock.

Someone asked me the other day how my chickens taste. I would have no idea. :idunno I don't even know if chickens have taste buds.

Well they concider Styrofoam to be a delicacy so I wouldn't trust they taste much

I have one old hen she is a blue marans lays almost daily still.
She always chats with me wants a pat then done.
I will miss her but heck she is 9 or so.
Cool today started a fire in the stove.

I have one old hen she is a blue marans lays almost daily still.
She always chats with me wants a pat then done.
I will miss her but heck she is 9 or so.
Cool today started a fire in the stove.
Pretty amazing that a 9 year old still lays eggs daily!!! DH insists that our Australorps are still laying. They are over 8 years old. I don't know. I never see anyone lay eggs. But he is convinced the torpedo shaped eggs only come from them. If so, they are laying every now and then still.

Back
Top Bottom