a simple collapse-able chicken tractor plans :>

Looks very similar to the one I posted a while back;

28681_chickens_range_rover.jpg

I call it my Range Rover.

Last edited:
Thanks Rookie Egg 2010!

When I let them run in the yard they were scrathing all the mulch out of the beds so I made this 'Range Rover (4'X8 ')
so they could come out and play in the garden without destroying it. They have a coop and a large run too but we can't see them from the garden- spoilt hens! The "Range Rover" is for watching chicken TV!

Looks very similar to the one I posted a while back;

28681_chickens_range_rover.jpg

I call it my Range Rover.
Chuckzoo, I love this! Very classy! Mind if I steal your design?

Is it hinged at the top? Are those 1 x 2's? What are the overall dimensions? Sorry for so many questions, but this is exactly what I've been wanting for my 2 gals. My backyard is fenced, and they would only be in this when I'm home and can keep an I on them, so the lack of predator-proof-ness is not a concern.

Thanks!

I drew up some plans for a simple chicken tractor design...it's great for those of us who might need a temporary/seasonal tractor or even for a broody hen, but don't have tons of space to store them when not in use. This design fold totally flat (except for the nest box) for easy storage. What do you all think? I hope I described the steps well enough-any questions, just ask!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=42093-collapse-able-chicken-tractor
I click on the link but nothing is there

This post may help as it at least has more information:
Quote:

I plan to build some collapse-able "A" frame chicken tractors for my girls to use in my front yard when my garden is dormant (they have a large stationary coop/run as well). I'm going to draw up plans, but they are a simple enough design- make two rectangles (mine will be pvc pipe), cover them with wire of choice, hinge them together at the top, making a bottom less triangle when spread apart. Then fashion triangles to go on each end...and voila! a ark type collapse-able tractor (you'll need a nest box in there too-I plan to use sideways milk crates that clip in to one end).

To me, it sounds like very few people would find that a practical solution for their tractoring needs. ... at least it sounds very predator flimsy.

Back
Top Bottom