And it's a mystery chick

Aug 18, 2021
Pics to follow of the slightly older chicks, but to get started, this 2day pic. For the 2 week pics, I have to wait til its warmer today so the colors show up.
So these lovely ladies were billed as Pearl Star Leghorns.
Grey...?? No LH in either parent of this breed! Sussex hen and Barred Rock roo equals leghorn? Uh?
Previous post on this if interested, but these girls are soft fluffy grey. Wings are starting to show barred. White spots on heads. Color gradient from very light smokey grey to dark grey. Yellow legs, so far the comb is a single row, 6 points.
My first thought was lavender orps, but now showing barred wings so, no. Also, I'm terrible at breed guessing! Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240419_154305.jpg
    20240419_154305.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 16
Pics to follow of the slightly older chicks, but to get started, this 2day pic. For the 2 week pics, I have to wait til its warmer today so the colors show up.
So these lovely ladies were billed as Pearl Star Leghorns.
Grey...?? No LH in either parent of this breed! Sussex hen and Barred Rock roo equals leghorn? Uh?
Previous post on this if interested, but these girls are soft fluffy grey. Wings are starting to show barred. White spots on heads. Color gradient from very light smokey grey to dark grey. Yellow legs, so far the comb is a single row, 6 points.
My first thought was lavender orps, but now showing barred wings so, no. Also, I'm terrible at breed guessing! Any help appreciated!
I’m not good at it either! But that little chick is very cute! Hope you can find out the breed!

Looks a lot like my Sapphire Gem rooster did as a chick....
I have one elderly sapphire gem not yet succumbed to old age. The only difference i see is that these have markedly yellow legs and beaks and my other 4 Gems were black legged and beaked as adults. I can't recall now if those older ones were yellow- legged as chicks or not.

Back
Top Bottom