From incubator to broody?? Shipped eggs.

I had the same question with my girls - whether or not they would stay broody! The two nicer hens had been broody already for several weeks before I got these shipped eggs. Then it turns out that they broke themselves like 2-3 days before the eggs hatched (because I had another not so nice hen go broody and kept kicking them out of the nest boxes, sigh) If they had stayed broody I probably would have stuck these chicks under them but I will just raise them in the brooder because I don’t want to put them under the unfriendly moms. I’d love to hear how your hatch goes!!!

Thanks for the well wishes on the lavender - I hear they are very easy to kill 😭 So I am just praying I can keep this one alive!!
I have 2 chicks so far this morning, day 19/20. Both from the same set of eggs but very different looking chicks. A few more pips too... 👀 I wasn't expecting them to pop out this early tbh. Don't have my brooder box ready yet!

I have 2 chicks so far this morning, day 19/20. Both from the same set of eggs but very different looking chicks. A few more pips too... 👀 I wasn't expecting them to pop out this early tbh. Don't have my brooder box ready yet!
That is so exciting!!!!!! Fingers crossed for the rest of those eggs to keep hatching!!!!

This is great 😊😊 were day 20 now. 4 successfully hatched, 6 more with pips. This is out of 18 shipped eggs I bought online. Keep going little chickies. There were still a few more that haven't pipped yet that were looking good when we candled on day 18 too 🤞

Fun fact, the 2 yellow chicks neatly zipped round the whole egg and came out gracefully. The 2 darker chicks made a large pip... and suddenly burst out of their eggs after a big wriggle! 😅

Back
Top Bottom