Hi! Floris from Holland here!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

No, not new! We’ve got chickens 8 years ago!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
In Dutch we call them Brahma chickens. A big breed!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

The coziness around the house!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share!

We are a family with 2 young children, a cat, and a dog!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

We have started incubating chickens and ducklings (and a Swanling “rescue egg”). The information you find here, you won't find anywhere else. Not even on forums in the Netherlands! You were quickly found via Google!

The reason I'm signing up is firstly because I want to thank someone here who has ensured that a little swan has now hatched from the egg! And now that we are taking further steps, questions arise, and let this be the place where I have confidence in a good answer!!
Hello Floris 😀 :welcome
Well done on hatching that Swan egg.

That's amazingly good work 👏 🙌 👍 ♥️

You will find a host of many ideas on keeping your flock and of many other species of birds in here.
We all have our different ways, which is a good thing for us to share and learn from each other .

You are the first person I have come across since being here that has managed to hatch a Swan egg and I would love to see a picture.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom