MJ's little flock

It truly is. The thought of moving into a house with no working toilets is a little off putting. I assume they were rapidly repaired.

Toilet tax
Hattie was sweeping the porch for me the other day. Such a helpful lady.

View attachment 3833642
Oh Hattie! How are her joints these days Bob? I suppose the weather is warming up nicely?

Plumbing was done in the one week of my life when I had two homes at my disposal. By great stroke of luck, I had sold my little flat to an acquaintance who rented it back to me until the big house settled, which dragged on for several months. I booked the plumbers and locksmith for day 1 of owning the big house. A week later, the plumbers were finished and I moved out of the flat and got a painter in to paint the interior of the house. Then the floor guy did the floors. There were a myriad of other fiddly jobs too, like re-organising the cellar and re-mounting the towel rail, some of which are still on the wait list. After a year or so, I could afford to have the bedrooms carpeted. The hens played their part, they still do, because they're extremely good at eating weeds. Hens love soursobs, which are notoriously resistant to human-style weeding. I have none left in the backyard, an infestation in the front yard. Once the front yard is safely enclosed, the hens will be regularly put to work. They're extremely skilled at eating the tiny bulbs of soursobs.
It's great to have a team of yard craftsman at your disposal.

It has to be a joy to bring something like your home back to life.

Oh Hattie! How are her joints these days Bob? I suppose the weather is warming up nicely?
The warm weather has transformed her. She still will lounge at times but she is running with flapping wings again. She is with the tribe at all times when they are roaming the yard and even leads them to new areas again. She will even brave the steps and come up on the deck. She is full chicken again with the change in the weather. Thanks for asking about her.

Lounging
20240517_161550.jpg

Grooming
20240518_100149.jpg

Walking in the sun
20240409_083956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom