Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

I not only heard but saw her fart (whole body rose like those planks who do it deliberately in public :hmm:D)
That's hilarious. Also the first time I've heard plank used as an insult. Excellent.

They snore as well
When I first started keeping chickens and was trying to learn all I could to keep them well, I remember several online sources that said unusual breathing sounds basically mean certain death from respiratory stuff 🤦‍♀️

Then I started spending >1,100 hours annually with robustly healthy chickens as they ate, slept, dustbathed, etc. and heard all kinds of breathing noises. From the egg-laying wheeze, to the occasional nose whistle, to a sneeze Lorraine does when she's annoyed.

And it dawned that the kind of people who post/repost dubious facts online usually aren't the same people who spend hours sitting quietly near chickens.

Stilton's coop is big enough for a human to stretch out in, so that group is used to me sitting with them long after they roost. It's a good spot to think, plus easy to sneak in quick health checks after dark. Once in a blue moon, a chicken falls asleep so hard they snore. It's charming.

Tax: Break out the smelling salts for when you swoon for Mr. March & Mr. November, who respectively celebrate their 3rd and 4th bdays this month.

MerleHagbird-headshot-spring24.jpg

StiltandDonna-springtimehunt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom