And the big one is more curious and exploring and much less scared?
On that note, this morning I was greeted by loud peeping and then the big little guy stepped on the waterer and proceeded to try to jump over the 1 ft trough wall. I sense some raccoon genetics. Had to put a half-cover on for safety. Seems like it's time to get them to their originally intended much larger box. Meanwhile, again a breakfast of crushed boiled egg with herbs - clover, yarrow, dandelion, narrow-leaf plantain, with some grit.

Last edited:
Safe again... It will take some time before they can hop out of this crate.

photo_2024-05-04_08-41-46.jpg
photo_2024-05-04_08-41-41.jpg

Last edited:
On Wednesday, May First, Mallard Airlines performed their traditional stunt approach and landing here:
Sorry for the shaky camera, they flew multiple rounds before landing and there were shrubs in the way…
Free food, free girls, what more could they ask for? They probably thought it was a family reunion and thought someone forgot to invite them in. lol

I always keep netting on top of mine just in case. It's amazing how high they can jump. With netting over my taller Rouen ducks they don
They don't even try to jump out. I have mine up high too so I know my little dog can't get to them. She wouldn't hurt them but it's easier for me to take care of them, not having to bend over as much.

Back
Top Bottom