*DEBUNKED* Toxic Levels of Lead in Black Rubber Feed Bowl Water, 30 mg/L, 2000 Times EPA Limits

Pics

Life of Eric

Songster
10 Years
Nov 8, 2013
Anderson, SC
My Coop
My Coop
I was alerted about this from another YouTube video where he mentioned a family with back yard chickens who were tested with high amounts of lead in their blood. The culprit was lead leaching from those black rubber feed bowls, then being passed thru the eggs into the family.
I tested one of my bowls which was empty in my coop until it rained today and it caught about an inch of water.
The video is linked here.
I used standard well water test strips and got a reading of 30 mg/L. Per the EPA the Alert Level is 0.015 mg/L.
My results were 2000 Times the EPA Limit.
I encourage you to do your own testing and report the results. I would also encourage you not to use these bowls for watering any of your animals.
Please share this info, and I can't believe these items are being sold almost everywhere.

Take a lead test strip and wipe down your granite countertops. You will probably be shocked.

Granite countertops are supposed to be sealed, aren't they?

I'm following this thread, we have some of those rubber dishes and will be removing them from the pen. Can't afford to buy yet one more thing (lead test strips) atm.

I was alerted about this from another YouTube video where he mentioned a family with back yard chickens who were tested with high amounts of lead in their blood. The culprit was lead leaching from those black rubber feed bowls, then being passed thru the eggs into the family.
I tested one of my bowls which was empty in my coop until it rained today and it caught about an inch of water.
I used standard well water test strips and got a reading of 30 mg/L. Per the EPA the Alert Level is 0.015 mg/L.
I encourage you to do your own testing and report the results. I would also encourage you not to use these bowls for watering any of your animals.
Please share this info, and I can't believe these items are being sold almost everywhere.
Holy cow! TYFS

The youtube video is not really passing the smell test for me. There is no EPA "alert" level for lead in water so you can't get 2000x the "EPA limit". Lead levels in water is usually measured in parts per million/billion vs. mg/L so that smells fishy too. I think the guy mentioned that the water came off a metal shed roof? Seems like click bait to me... Although I'm now curious to test the water in the rubber bowls we use.

Back
Top Bottom