Water Glassed Eggs, I finally opened one

Luv Ducks

Free Ranging
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Today was the first day I needed to open my Water Glassed Eggs dated July 4th, 2022. The site I followed advised putting Virgin Oil on the top to stop evaporation of the water so I did. When I opened them the oil was all bunched up in little groups and I thought for sure an egg had exploded. Once I realized it was the oil I got the eggs out with a glove on which it advised because of the lime water you use and washed and cleaned the eggs. I fried one up and it was good but I could taste a bit of the Chef's Life Extra Virgin Olive Oil that I had used. The FDA advises not to do this but people do and the eggs all looked great. I washed them and refrigerated them and as long as I don't get sick I am planning on eating them all daily. I used Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime and distilled water sealed with clean duck eggs and the Olive Oil which might have been the wrong type since I could only find Finishing Oil. Some people have asked me about this process and I wanted to share. Sorry it is lengthy. I will be sure to let you know if I get sick and if I should pass you will just not see Luv Ducks on here anymore. Hopefully, lol. I just now ate it so it might take sometime.

I'd recommend normal olive oil for topping, the fancy virgin stuff is too strong and prone to rancidity.
I had tried to find normal but this was all they had. From now on I will shop until I can find the normal. It did not smell bad but did bunch up so I am glad that it did not seem to hurt the eggs.

I started waterglassing eggs late last summer, to have eggs through the winter. I've eaten them all, no health issues.

By the time I got to the end of them, the yolks all broke when I cracked open the eggs. I used them for scrambled eggs and for cooking. Hubby said he could tell a difference in the taste, but I'm not sure I could.

Wife and I have waterglassed our extra eggs for about ten years now and haven’t gotten sick yet. The longest we did for a test was one and half years. They tasted just fine a few did have a busted yolk but scrambled okay also noticed that the whites were a little runny. The ones we kept for just 6 or 8 months we could not tell any difference. We use just regular olive oil the cheapest.

Back
Top Bottom