What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
It is like buying non-alcoholic beer: There is NO point! 😂
That depends on whether you are getting the "beer" for the flavor or for the alcohol. If you want something that mostly tastes like beer, but has no alcohol, then the non-alcoholic stuff can have a place.

Examples of who might want the flavor without the alcohol: anyone below the legal drinking age, pregnant women, anyone who intends to drive before the alcohol would have a chance to wear off.

That depends on whether you are getting the "beer" for the flavor or for the alcohol. If you want something that mostly tastes like beer, but has no alcohol, then the non-alcoholic stuff can have a place.

Examples of who might want the flavor without the alcohol: anyone below the legal drinking age, pregnant women, anyone who intends to drive before the alcohol would have a chance to wear off.
Yeah decaf is for when you want coffee/tea later in the day but don’t want to be bouncing off the walls until 2 AM. I just wish it didn’t taste so soapy. 😕

Yeah, I prefer decaf too after 8pm. Different brands have different taste. Some tast good.
Ok, yeah, the taste was my point. SOME coffees and beers taste good, but the majority do not have that nice flavor that would make drinking it make sense unless you were getting a kick from it. Just my opinion. I scowl at non-alcoholic beer and decaf coffee. But if you all like them, then you all have at it. I do not judge those that drink them, just the products themselves because they do nothing for me. 😂✌🏻🤗❤️

Yeah decaf is for when you want coffee/tea later in the day but don’t want to be bouncing off the walls until 2 AM. I just wish it didn’t taste so soapy. 😕
Same here, but my caffeine cutoff is 2pm. If I crave coffee after that time I will do decaf, but I make it with extra grounds. A strong decaf is more palatable.

Pullets are females.
Red Sexlinks are a kind of chicken where the females are red, but the males are white. This is especially obvious when the chicks are young, like right after they hatch (very handy, if you want to buy only females.) The red/white colors get mixed a bit as the chickens grow up, but by then it is easy to tell males from females by other methods.

There's no magic or special technology involved, just clever use of some genes on the chicken Z sex chromosome (males have ZZ, females have ZW. Yes, that sounds backwards to anyone used to mammals that have XY males and XX females.) The chicken Z chromosome has some other genes that can be used to make sexlinks too, such as Black Sexlinks (females are black, males are black with white stripes).
Thanks, I really didn't understand the process. Sounds very scientific.

Back
Top Bottom