What are Your Go-To Recipes for Using Up Eggs?

Lemon curd is my go-to! Very very easy, though a little tedious. Basically, measurements don't really matter. Gather a bunch of egg yolks, a good cup or two of sugar (depending on the amount of egg yolks, you want it kind of paste-y), then add a half cup to a cup of lemon juice (until it's a thick batter consistency), then put it over a double boiler, add a little salt, and whisk whisk whisk! Once it thickens considerably, add a tab or two of butter and take off the heat. Stir while it cools (you can cheat with a bowl of ice under your lemon curd bowl).
Making this without the butter means you can water bath can it and preserve it, but lemon curd is so high acid it actually keeps out at room temp for a few weeks, and in the fridge for a good couple of months (though it won't last more than one month in my experience haha! We eat it too quickly)! 10/10, truly. And, you can make a tart or pie with it and whip the egg whites into a meringue and broil it for a minute or two (or torch it) to have a really lovely lemon meringue pie that doesn't have that god awful gelatin texture!
I definitely think I will try that! It sounds so good!!

Back
Top Bottom