Who wants to guess 9 week Silkie sex based on combs?

Thank you @GirlsHuntToo and @Debbie292d you guys have given me a little hope!! Here are a few random pics I had.

The first is a NN with very flat crest. The other NN has a better poof but I don’t have a pic of it.

The second is one that looks like a girl based on the comb - I think this might be the 9th chick, the one I missed getting a pic of the first time around.

The 3rd pic is the mottled cockerel - he has such red wattles and comb and is very pushy so I’m sure he’s a boy.

The 4th pic is one of the black ones, looks like maybe it has streamers?

Then the next 3 pics are the other mottled who doesn’t have a super red comb/wattles yet, but does it look like he has streamers??

Last pic is the frizzle NN which I am guessing not just based on him being huge compared to the others. When picked up he feels much heavier.

Attachments

• IMG_8279.jpeg
    IMG_8279.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Frizzle NN 9 weeks.png
    Frizzle NN 9 weeks.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8287.jpeg
    IMG_8287.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8288.jpeg
    IMG_8288.jpeg
    569.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8282.jpeg
    IMG_8282.jpeg
    730.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8289.jpeg
    IMG_8289.jpeg
    587.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8285.jpeg
    IMG_8285.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8283.jpeg
    IMG_8283.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 2
Who wants to guess what colors these will be. They're freshly hatched so some have egg shells still stuck to them lol.

I'm thinking that one's a blue splash. The rest are most likely chocolate, chocolate splash, mauve, mauve splash, and different shades of the mauve from daddy. They've been laying, I've been hatching and selling them all but I keep forgetting to tell these people to send me pictures of what they become. It's their first year and I don't keep any so no clue.

Attachments

• IMG_0963.JPEG
    IMG_0963.JPEG
    470.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0961.JPEG
    IMG_0961.JPEG
    375.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    950.9 KB · Views: 1
Oh they are gorgeous Debbie!! You should keep a few to grow out and see what they look like!😉 I do think the first is either blue or blue splash and then I would go with your judgement on the rest being chocolate or mauve as I have never had a chocolate or any variation of them! I have tried a couple here and there but not had any luck. I even have a mauve egg in the incubator now but I don’t believe it is developing.

Back
Top Bottom